5 TIPS FOR USING INFLUENCERS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESSJanuary 23, 2019
5 signs your press release is a real stinkerFebruary 6, 2019
The influencer is the ultimate social media creature –
part entrepreneur, part advertiser and part everyday person. A super successful
influencer can help transform a mundane or little-known product into a
recognised brand with a big audience, all by taking a selfie or two and making
a few clicks on a screen.
A lot of businesses haven’t quite got their heads round how influencers work, but it’s never too late to catch up. Here, Sanity Marketing’s Jordan Baker offers 5 reasons why the age of the influencer is something you should embrace:
- They already have audiences – you can plough a lot of money and time into getting more impressions via social ads, and it can work wonders. But influencers are already tuned into the audiences you’re trying to reach, meaning they can up your game quickly even if you’re on a tight budget.
- They understand how social works – by definition, influencers have mastered the art of using their preferred platforms to get attention. If you need someone to beef up your social media presence, these are the pros. Learn from them!
- They’re a good source of intel – influencers need to keep their audiences on side as much as you do, so the smartest ones put a lot of effort into understanding them. They probably know more about the people than you do, so juice them for whatever insights you can get.
- They help you build relationships – many influences build up their social presence by, well, socialising. They’re in personal contact with their followers and they know how to maintain a consistent tone of voice. Again, there’s a lot you can learn from working with them in this respect.
- They add personality to your brand – simple, but also crucial. If you don’t have the money for a full-blown multi-channel ad strategy – and most businesses don’t – it’s hard to make your brand look human. Enter the influencer, and suddenly, people can easily imagine what they’d look and feel like using your product.