Think of all the people who visit your website each day. It would be a shame if they were interested, but ended up forgetting about you, right?
That’s why we’re big believers in ‘remarketing’ at Sanity. Remarketing is a way to connect with people who previously interacted with your website, allowing you to strategically position your ads in front of these audiences as they browse around.
Today, we’re sharing 5 top tips for remarketing.
- Facebook pixel – get yourself set up on Facebook Business Manager and set up a Facebook Pixel. This tiny bit of code can be added to your website to track visitors – an invaluable tool for remarketing. You can then use pixel data to target specific people on Facebook, ensuring your your ads are being shown to the right people – instead of being shown to people who might not be the best fit.
- Don’t be a stalker – consider how long you want to follow your past visitors for. You must carefully asses the line between providing customers with personalised adverts and annoying them by following them endlessly around the internet. Customers do not want to feel badgered and it could give them a sour taste for your excellent remarketing adverts.
- Discounts – consider offering special vouchers, bonuses, and deals for your retargeted consumers. These adverts will help you to bring back people who abandoned your website in the first place.
- Don’t forget your loyal customers – many people that understand remarketing know the value of targeting those who didn’t buy, download or sign up to anything on your website. Yet, there is a big value in targeting those who actually did! If your product or service is superior, chances are they’ll be wanting to come back for more – and a deal is a fabulous way to get them back on board.
- Trail and error – take advantage of platforms which allow you to create split tests. Who knows – the ad you’ve created may not resonate well with your audience, whether it’s because of the wrong words or even the photo.