Have you ever wanted to create an online community? A page where people of common interests can share jokes, recipes, art work or have discussions. Or perhaps you’re looking to build a community around your business in order to have more online presence. Regardless of what kind of community you’re looking for, the best way to get started is by creating a Facebook page.
And our step-by-step guide will walk you through the entire process with ease.
1) Click on create tab – located at the top of Facebook’s tool bar in-between Find Friends and the Friend Request icon, you’ll see a ‘Create’ tab. Click that and you be given a list of options, then click on the first option title ‘Page’.
2) Naming the page – from here, you’ll be taken to a new screen where you’re given the option of either creating a business page or a community/public figure page. You will need to enter your page’s name and category, plus business pages will be required to enter an address.
3) Add photos and info – while this step isn’t a requirement to make a page, it’s necessary if you want your page to be popular. Looks matter and a good profile picture can entice new followers while the lack of one could suggest the page is unfinished or inactive.
4) Spreading the Word – now that your page is up and the pictures are looking smashing, its time to spread the word! The easiest way to do so is by inviting friends to like your page. You can find the button with this option located in the bottom right of your new page.
Tip: download a Google Chrome extension that allows you to select all of your friends list, rather than having to click each one individually.
5) Plan your content out – with all that out of the way, it’s time to make the page active. You should aim for 2 posts/week minimum for SEO purposes but may want to post more often if you’ve got enough content to share. Good content includes engaging pictures and readable captions, while making comments and sharing videos will help you to build up engagement with your audience.
Tip: use Facebook’s Publishing Tools (you can find it on the top horizontal bar of your page) in order to see your page’s analytics and schedule your posts in advance.