What does the service include?
We’ll reach out to our journalist friends and present you as an expert available for comment on press pieces.
This is a pay per result service – so you can decide which articles you’d like to provide comments for.
How will this service help you?
This service is a website traffic driving service (a decent impact one) so it will drive new users to your website. Google Analytics will track this traffic as Referral Traffic
(from online press), Organic Search (through brand awareness – people hearing about you, searching for you and finding your website; and On-site SEO – search
engines liking you more due to all those online press links) and Direct Traffic (brand awareness – people hearing about you and typing in your website address).
As ever, more new users to your website – mean more potential buyers on your site.
- We charge per comment piece, and you can decide in advance how many comment pieces you’d like over what period.
- You’ll be asked for a deposit of £100 at the beginning of each month you want to use this service. This deposit is refundable if the results aren’t delivered at the end of each month.
- Additional expenses might be required. We’ll let you know in advance for you to decide.
- If you don’t follow up with the comments after agreeing to a deadline, then a fee of £100 may be charged for inconvenience.
- We can’t guarantee results.
- We aren’t responsible for the actions of journalists.
- The fee for this service will be added to your next invoice, if the contract has ended, a new invoice will be generated at the end of the contract.
What do you need for this service? (we can help)
- A website – the very basic of all requirements
- A press release written up
What other services would we recommend?
- Facebook pixel set up – this way we can ‘track’ these new users and send them adverts later on (when they are ‘warmer’ leads)
- Google Analytics set up – you want to be seeing all that new traffic and know what they are doing on your website
- Newsletter sign ups on your website (as a pop up and a big button at the top of your website) – that way you can keep talking to (and selling to) those new users
- Newsletters – we’d suggest you send out fortnightly newsletters to your fans