Businesses around the world are all going head to head to achieve one thing: be at the top of Google rankings. Yet, this task can seem like a near-on impossible mission, especially since Google’s complex algorithms are constantly changing.
One way to get ahead of the pack is through using Google AdWords – an avenue of advertising that allow businesses to climb through the rankings without an extensive SEO campaign. So, how does one become successful in using Google AdWords?
1. Have a clear mission – the most important part of any campaign is knowing what it is that you want to achieve. Your AdWords campaign should focus on growing sales rather than generating brand awareness – something that can be difficult to measure. What is it that you want the consumer to do? Do you want them to complete a form or make a purchase? Know your target before rolling out the campaign.
2. Be transparent – while you may be tempted to try and draw in a broad scope of customers, you need to make sure that your adverts are actually fit for the purpose. Do not mislead your audience; make sure that your adverts are relevant and are actually providing a solution to their query.
3. Don’t forget mobile users – with more of us using mobiles than ever before, it’s important that your ads are mobile friendly. A mobile-friendly advert should feature short, customised messages leading to a mobile-optimised landing page.
4. Test first – once you know what you want to achieve, undertake various tests to try and maximise the outcome of your campaign. The tests should include every detail and should help iron out any of the issues along the way. Sometimes a single word can make all the different so test, test and then test again.
5. Monitor your campaign – a good campaign needs to be monitored and tweaked on a regular basis. While you may think that your campaign is perfect, you may be carrying ineffective keywords that need to be eliminated. AdWords can be adjusted throughout the campaign, allowing you can tweak them as and when you please.