Data analytics can be mind-numbing, confusing, and downright boring. But they’re an essential part of any business that operates online. Whether it’s finding out where your audience is from, how long they are on your site, and what they’re looking at, this data is invaluable to businesses.
Thankfully, the folks over at Google have made the world of analytics relatively simple with their hot, new program; Google Analytics. In order to encourage you to use Google Analytics, here are five essential things you need to know:
1. It’s free – the best things in life are free and this certainly rings true when it comes to Google Analytics. Google doesn’t charge anything for using Google Analytics, meaning there’s no pesky subscription plans, restrictions, or contracts.
2. On-going support – Google Analytics makes the collection of data so much easier than making constant reports and filing things away. The software automatically collects data from your website and makes analytical reports for you. You don’t have to lift a finger, Google does the work for you.
3. Fix your mistakes – internal site searches allow you to look at what potential customers are looking at once they’ve arrived on your website. Not only will it show which content visitors are enjoying, but it will also reveal pages that aren’t performing properly. This feature allows you to have better insights into what people are searching for and can increase site performance overall.
4. The name’s Bond… – Google Analytics is essentially your personal secret spy. You can uncover the age, gender, interests, and even the devices that your audience use. This feature also allows you to see where the audience came from, whether it was a Facebook ad or a backlink from a publication.
5. Track your goals – the ‘goals’ feature in Google Analytics allows you to track how much progress your business is making. You can assign a number of goals to the website – whether it is customers making a purchase, filling out a form, or subscribing to a newsletter.